Do you often find yourself putting little doodles on your notes? Do you examine artwork down to every detail and think, "I could do that?" Does the thought of putting ink or paint to paper sound appealing?
If you've said yes to any of the above, then we have got the contest for you!
First Place: $400 Amazon Card
Second Place: $300 Amazon Card
Third Place: $200 Amazon Card
• If the winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be present with the youth to accept the prize.
• The winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules.
• No entrant can win more than one prize.
• Winners will be notified via the email address provided on the submission. If the winner does not respond within five (5) calendar days or if communication via email is otherwise unsuccessful, an alternate winner will be selected.
This event is open to everyone of all ages beginning with 6-year-olds and up. It doesn't matter if you're an experienced artist or it's your first time picking up a paintbrush. If you have an original* idea that you want to share with the world, then jump on this chance. It's free to participate in!
*All works must be original. "Original" means that the work must be composed firsthand from the hand of a single artist.
"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."by Bob Ross
Two-dimensional art including:
Three-dimensional art including:
Art experts will evaluate and assign a score to each entrant's artwork based on impact, creativity, and technical criteria. In the event that no entries are received, no prize will be awarded. Determinations made by the judges are final and binding.
Novice: Individuals who are new or inexperienced working in traditional art media.
Accomplished: Individuals who have higher levels of art skills obtained through experience, training or operates as a professional artist.
Teens: Ages 13-17
Pre-Teens: Ages 9-12
Children: Ages 6-8
Entries will be accepted beginning November 1, 2019 at 8:00 AM U.S. Central Standard Time (CST) until November 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM U.S. Central Standard Time (CST).
PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) Purpose: To contact winners participating in web contests featured on www.myairforcelife.com and to add to the AFSVC and FSS customer database for email notification of events, activities, and information. Routine Uses: This information will not be disclosed outside DoD. Disclosure/Effects: Disclosure is voluntary; however, entrant cannot participate in this contest without providing the contact information requested.
THE WINNER MUST COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. WINNING IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLING ALL SUCH REQUIREMENTS.
By submitting an entry in the contest, regardless of country of entry, each entrant represents and warrants that his or her art entries conform to these Official Rules and meet the following criteria.
• Artists may enter up to two images of artwork.
• Accepted Medium: The contest is open to all artists working in two dimensions art in painting and drawing (i.e. oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media, gouache, egg tempera, pen and ink, graphite, charcoal, colored pencils, scratch board, markers, and metal point.
• Exclusions: Digital art, photography, or three-dimensional art such as sculpture, clay art, pottery, etc., will not be accepted.
• By submitting, entrant is guaranteeing the submission is original* and he/she holds rights to the art in its entirety, and that it does not contain any copyright protected material that would require the consent of any third party; and does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party. *All works must be original. "Original" means that the work must be composed firsthand from the hand of a single artist.
• AFSVC reserves the right to request proof your entry is your original art. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
• The artwork must not have previously won in any competition of any kind.
• For artwork based on reference photographs, eligibility demands that the artist must have taken the photographs or have obtained written permission from the photographer.
• Compositions based on published material or other artists' work are NOT considered original and are not eligible.
• Artwork that includes paintings or drawings of sculptures, statues, and other works of art will be accepted, as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud.
• Artwork must not be obscene or libelous, must not contain defamatory or derogatory remarks, must not use inappropriate language or slang, and must not violate any rights of any third party. Any submission violating these guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
• Artwork must not contain any content, material, or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, and trademark, or otherwise indicate a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the contest, as determined by AFSVC, in its sole discretion.
• Artwork must not be subject to any third party agreement(s) which may require the Sponsor to pay any sum of money to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the artwork or rights therein.
• Photographs of the artwork must be submitted to one of the categories that are set out on the contest site.
• The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the artwork was accomplished. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of content is cause for disqualification.
• By entering this contest, entrants grant AFSVC, the right to use these artworks, including without limitation, rights to use on the web, broadcast, and print reproduction for the purposes of advertising and publicity. AFSVC may modify the image to fit any specific media. If any person appearing in any artwork is under the age of 18, the signature of a parent or legal guardians required on each release.
By entering this contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents, and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
AFSVC is not responsible for any entries that are altered, defective, delayed, deleted, destroyed,fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, invalid, late, lost, misrouted,multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized or unintelligible. AFSVC is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer hardware, software or telephone transmissions, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, garbled or jumbled transmissions, undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering, insufficient space in Entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail, or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes.DISQUALIFICATION: AFSVC reserves the right to disqualify any entry submission for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the AFSVC with regard to the entrant eligibility, disqualification and determination of winners shall be final and binding.
Stay in the loop and get all the lastest 42 FSS and Maxwell community news!
Built with HTML5 and CSS3 - 42d Force Support Squadron.
Due to NIPR Net restrictions this website might not be displayed correct or complete.